Tuesday, April 14, 2009

An Ode to Life

For all her mysteries and misgivings,
Its twisted ways and untold turns,
I salute life,
I know, if it weren’t for her, I wouldn’t know her,
And all that is part of her,
For it is more than life itself that I treasure these things,
Much more, so much more…
I do not know life, but I do know that having her, means more that just having her,
Experiencing her means experiencing the wind, and the stars and sunlit rooftops, shown with rising heat in days of summer,
And having her, means knowing all other who have her…
I salute life,
For the people she has blessed by giving herself to them,
Some more, some less deserving than others, but all there to strike a balance,
Damsels in constant distress or highwaymen of a time long gone,
Those I know and those I care for, mostly those I don’t,
Among me or you or them, she does not discriminate,
She knows not how,
Selflessly she gives her all to all who ask and some, who don’t,
Maybe its because she knows that its because of them that she exists,
Or maybe she only exists for them to exist,
I salute life,
For all her confusion and all in her that isn’t,
For all of chaos and all order and method,
For all of her contradictions,
For all who strive to better their experience of her,
For all who fail to do so, or give up trying,
For her challenge,
For those who accept,
For those who choose no to,
For all beings who’ve had her or have her or will have her,
For myself and for her,
For rationality, emotion, original thought and the lack thereof,
For the past, the present and the future,
For fate,
For destiny,
For death,
I salute life!

1 comment:

  1. wow man...neva thot of lyf dis way...u gave lyf 2 lyf....lol....do v really have ny duties 2 it...lord nly noes dat nw...neways a gr8 piece dude....nobody cud b btr i guess...nd nobody cn eva b....:p

    ReplyDelete